(1) Except as provided in subsections (2), (3), and (4) of this section, consumption of alcoholic liquor or possession of an open alcoholic beverage container is prohibited in a public place and on private property extended to the public for use, and no person shall drink, consume alcoholic liquor, or possess an open alcoholic beverage container in such a place or on such property, unless authorized by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission or other provisions of this code.
(2) Alcoholic liquor may be drunk or consumed in any place licensed, in advance, for that purpose by the commission.
(3) Malt beverages and alcoholic liquor other than hard liquor may be drunk or consumed within city parks or county parks within the city limits, provided such drinking or consumption takes place only as authorized by the director of parks and recreation of the city pursuant to a park rule adopted in accordance with provisions of sections 2.019 et seq. of this code and so long as, if required by state law, the activity has been licensed, in advance, for drinking or consumption purposes by the
(4) During a period commencing six hours before the start of a scheduled collegiate football game at Autzen Stadium and when the game is completed, malt beverages and alcoholic liquors may be drunk or consumed:
(a) In the state-owned parking lots immediately adjacent to Autzen Stadium; and
(b) On property extended for use as a parking facility not covered by subsection (4)(a) and located within the area bounded as depicted on the map 4.190(4)(b) appended to this chapter and attached to the ordinance amending this provision, provided the responsible person, who may be the property owner or person with authority
over parking operations on the property, has posted signs at each entrance to the property and distributes to each driver using the property a handbill, containing the following language:
1. It is illegal to consume alcoholic liquor or possess an open alcoholic beverage container in a public place or on private property extended to the public for use;
2. An exemption is provided for the consumption of alcoholic beverages on this property during the time period commencing four hours before the start of a scheduled
collegiate football game at Autzen Stadium and ending when the game is completed;
3. The exemption applies only to the parking area on this property;
4. Providing alcohol to minors and consumption of alcohol by minors is prohibited;
5. The sale of alcohol is prohibited;
6. Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated; and
7. Persons violating the law or creating a nuisance are subject to eviction and loss of parking privileges pursuant to the authority of the property owner or parking lot operator. The type-face for the signs shall be clear and legible and use a type-face with letters at least two inches high. The type-face for the handbills shall be clear and legible and use at least a 12 point font. The exemption authorized by this subsection (b) applies only to property of responsible persons, who may be property owners or persons with authority over parking operations on the property, who have requested the exemption using a form developed by the City. The request form shall require the property address where the exemption will apply, the name of the responsible person, and the mailing address for the responsible person. It shall be the
responsible person’s obligation to update the mailing address by informing the City of any changes. Exemptions are not transferable.