Eugene, Ore. – To address the issue of DUII driving and to ensure enough officers are available to identify, stop and process impaired drivers, DUII patrols will be staffed above and beyond the normal strength for Memorial Day weekend and the remainder of the month. These patrols are staffed primarily with the help of funding from state grants.
Please be safe, responsible, and always have a plan to get home safely. If you plan to drink, plan NOT to drive.
1. Before drinking, choose a non-drinking friend as a designated driver.
2. Don’t let your friends drive impaired.
3. If you have been drinking, call a taxi or take the bus.
4. If you’re hosting a party where alcohol will be served, make sure all guests leave with a sober driver.
5. Always wear your seat belt— it’s your best defense against impaired drivers.
The following link is a Public Service Announcement from Eugene Police:
Drinking and Driving PSA from Eugene Police
Please click on the following link for more information regarding Impaired Driving Laws:
Chapter 813 – Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants